1。Solar Powered Water Purification Introduction
Solar Power Generation and Control
To use solar power generation system to drive water purification
To use sand, carbon filter and RO reverse osmosis membrane to get rid of ions, bacteria, viruses, organic and colloid impurities from water, to obtain high quality pure water.
2.Solar Powered Water Purification Structure
Solar Power Generation and Controlling
- Solar Panels
- Mounting bracket
- Junction box
- Inverter (controller)
Water Purification System
- Raw water pump
- Quartz an filter
- Activated carbon filter
- Security filter
- High pressure pump
- RO system
- UV sterilizer
3。Solar Powered Water Purification Flowchart
4.Solar Powered Water Purification Remarks on Flowchart
Quartz sand filter and activated carbon filter is the pre-processing part, doing initial filtration of raw water, removing suspended solids, particles, colloid, organic impurities, residual chlorine etc.
Raw water after primary filtration goes into the RO reverse osmosis system for deep desalting。 RO reverse osmosis system can filter almost all organic matter and microorganisms, and desalination rate is up to 96% ~ 99%。
Finally, after UV disinfection, purified water generated by the system can be drinkable directly。
The main role of security filtering is to intercept the particulate matter in the front system, such as activated carbon, mainly to protect the role of reverse osmosis membrane RO。
5。Solar Powered Water Purification Diagram
6.Solar Powered Water Purification Features
- Solar power supply, suitable for where electricity is unavailable or short, or bill of electricity is high.
- No battery is required, cost-effective and low operating costs.
- Hybrid input, run at night or on rainy days.
- Switch between manual and automatic operation mode.
- Fully automatic operation, continuous water production.
- No regeneration process, no chemicals, easy operation and maintenance.
- The core component of RO system uses high quality Dow membrane.
- The protection function is complete, such as water level, overload, over-voltage, over-current protection etc.
- Online detection and real-time monitoring of water quality.
- Wide application, suitable for all kinds of water purification
7.Solar Powered Water Purification Usage Scenarios
- Suitable for seawater, brackish water, tap water, lake water, river water and river water purification
- Suitable for poor water quality from villages, farms and other residential areas.
- Applicable to laboratories, offices, office buildings and other office space.
- Applicable to schools, stations, parks, squares and other public places.
- Applicable to restaurants, hotels, and other business premises.
- Applicable to bottled water production system, purified water system factories and other water companies.
8。Solar Powered Water Purification Model
Water consumption calculated by 10 ~ 20L per person, the power of the system changes according to the water source changes. If the water source is a water well, and the water output is same, the longer the required head is, the more powerful the pump is, and the more power of system is required accordingly. Usually the power of solar needed is 2.5 times than the system power.
The hardware for each system varies depending on the height water is being pumped (head) and the output volume of water required.
To ensure the water purification system works efficiently it is recommended to configure solar power of 2.5 times that of water purification system power.
We can supply solar purification systems with daily water outputs of 1 – 25 tons. Larger customised systems are also available.
The following table shows models and parameters.
*Water consumption calculations are based on daily usage of 10 – 20L per person
9.Solar Powered Water Purification System in Ghana